Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for July - posted on 1st Aug 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 20 (Who?), Viewed: 7123 times.
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 12:15 AM Last edited by Simmiller : 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:05 PM.
Default Tutorial for Neia's Online Create-a-Career Tool
This tutorial is for how to create a career for Sims 4 using Neia's online Create-a-Career tool in Windows.

I will not be explaining how to make screenshots, uniforms, or Chance Cards, and I am assuming you know how to manage .zip files.
Any questions regarding why things are done a certain way, or about the tool itself, should be directed to the creator, Neia, at the Create-a-Career forum.

The tool has been updated for the Seasons Expansion Pack and patch, therefore Neia has stated that all previously made careers must be re-exported to continue to work. Some have noticed their text files missing after re-exporting their careers, so I have put a solution as STEP 12b.

What you will need:
  • Neia's online Create-a-Career tool. Register for free here.
  • s4pe To download s4pe after clicking the link, click on Download s4pe, then s4pe.0.3.c.exe. This will get you the program and you can install it from your downloads folder.
  • Python 3.3 Download the appropriate file for your system, either Windows x86 MSI Installer (3.3.0) or Windows x86-64 MSI Installer (3.3.0). Create your own installation folder prior to installing Python33. I recommend C://Python33 for convenience. To do this, go into your C drive folder, right click on an empty spot and click New > folder and name it Python33. When the Python33 installation wizard pops up, click the default installation. The Python installer should detect the C://Python33 folder you created.

For the purposes of this tutorial, some picture references have been made to the Airline Employee Career by Simmiller found on Mod the Sims.

USING THE CREATE-A-CAREER TOOL

1. Once you have registered, log in to Create-a-Career and click CREATE at the top of the screen.

2. Click the "Create a new career" button.

PIC 1

3. Name your career, and click Save. What you name it here will be reflected in the name of your .package file at the end.

This brings you to the "EDIT YOUR CAREER" page.

NOTE: At any time from here onward, you can scroll to the bottom of the main career page and click "Save" to save your progress. You may leave the site any time afterward, and return to your saved progress.

PIC 2

4. Again, name your career. This will be what shows in the game.
-If you are making a multi-track career, the name should be a clear indicator of the main theme of your career if you plan on uploading it for others.

The "Status" section is for your personal use only with 3 choices: Work in progress, In testing, and Working. Update this as desired using the dropdown menu.

Tracks, Levels and Branches

The Main Track reflects the name of your career.
When you "Add a level" in the main track you are creating the different levels of the main career for yourself or other players to progress through.
Ultimately, once you have finished the editing process, these are all that is required to create a functioning career for the game.

Under "New track" you are given the option to "Add a track."
You use this when you want to have multiple career choices within your main career.
These become Branches. You then add levels to these branches to complete in game.

NOTE: It is recommended that you NOT use symbols in your track/branch/level names or descriptions. For example, do not use "/" or "*", etc. This has been known to cause errors in game.

By clicking "Edit," you can edit or view any section at any time, as often as you like.
Clicking "Return" brings you back to the main career screen without making changes.
Remember to click "Save" then "Return" when editing.

FOR SINGLE TRACK CAREERS:

5. To the right of Main track, click "Edit" to upload the screenshot picture and custom icon for your career. Click "Save," then "Return" when you're done.

PIC 3

You will find most, if not all, of the game's icons here:
The Sims 4 Ultimate Game Icon Pack by TheSimKid
Jungle Adventure Icons by Simmiller
Icon Archives on Sims Community by Jovan Jovic

6. Directly under Main track, click "Add a level." Name the level, click "Save," then "Return."

7. To the right of each level you create, click "Edit" to enter all the required information. Clicking "Delete" removes the level completely and permanently.

PIC 4

Title - you can change the title of this level here.

Ideal Mood - Choose from the dropdown menu. This can be the same or different for each level.

Base Performance - How much the performance bar will progress through a work day, starts around 60 and ends around 10 in game, depending on the level. Lower levels in the game progress quickly, so the Base Performance number is higher, to indicate a faster speed. As players progress through the levels, the Base Performance number should be smaller to make the levels last longer.

Missed Work Penalty - How much the performance bar will drop if a Sim misses work, default at 15. If you increase this number, the performance bar will drop more quickly.

PTO per day - How many days of PTO (paid time off) are gained for each work day. For example, it starts around 0.2 and ends around 0.33 in game, depending on the level.

Simoleons per hour - How many Simoleons your Sim will earn per hour at this level.

Duration - Number of hours worked per day.

Start hour - This is based on a 24 hour clock, and you enter only the hour, no minutes. For example, 8:00 AM is entered as 8, while 2:00 PM is entered as 14.

24 HOUR CLOCK

Place a check mark in the days you want your Sim to work.

NOTE: Before you choose Objectives, click "Save." The rest of the information you have entered will otherwise be lost.

Objectives - This is where you will choose what, if any, skill levels are required in order to progress to the next level in your career. Click "Add an objective," and choose from the dropdown menu, for each skill you wish to add.

Click "Save" at any point to save your progress. Click "Return" to return to the main career screen.

Do this for each level of your career.

FOR MULTIPLE TRACK CAREERS:

8. To create multiple career choices within your career, under New track, click "Add a track." This will show up on your career page as a Branch, below the Main track. See PIC 5 for an example of multiple branches within a career. From here, to the right of each branch name, you can click "Edit" to add the branch icons and screenshots, or "Delete" to remove the branch.

PIC 5

Follow Step 7 for every level within each Branch of your career.

IN GAME TEXT

Not everyone has their career(s) translated into all available texts. The more you are able to provide to players, however, the more players are able to play your career(s), should you choose to upload to the internet.

9. On the main career page, you will see a section called Texts. See PIC 2 for reference. Each language is represented by 2 letters. For example, English is shown as US. Click the language of your choice. You will be taken to a page where you will enter all the text you want to see in the game.

NOTE: This will NOT translate languages for you.

At the top, you will see two entries called Location and PTO tooltip.
Location is where your Sim will be working. A company name, for example, is appropriate here.
PTO tooltip is where you put the heading you want to see when taking paid time off. "Take Vacation Day" or something similar is recommended.

In the example shown in PIC 6, you see "Track 4 - Airport Customer Service Agent." In this case, Track 4 would be shown on the main career page of the Create-a-Career tool as a Branch, and represents what you will see if you are editing a multi-track career. Otherwise, you only see Track 1 and the title of your career.

PIC 6

Title - Title of this career or branch.

Title (gender neutral) - Title of this career or branch.

Description - A detailed description of this career or branch.

Hereafter, you enter the information for the title and description of each level of your career and/or branch.

Click "Save" at any time to save any entries you have made. Click "Return" to return to the main career page.

OVERVIEW - It is highly recommended to refer to the Overview section on the main career page regularly to ensure the proper flow of your career.
For example, if you want to check that your objectives have skill levels that progress in the correct order, click on the Objectives tab.
The name of the career and or branch is shown on the far left. Levels proceed in order from left to right, but are not indicated by name or number.

PIC 7

EXPORT:

Before you export your career, click "Save."

10. Click "Export" when you are ready to prepare your career file to be usable in game. Click "Export" again on the next screen.

When the instruction screen pops up, click the Download button ABOVE the instructions. There will be a zip file created, usually in your Downloads folder.

PIC 8

You are now leaving the Create-a-Career tool!

11. Make a file on your computer where you will work on your career, and move the .zip file from your Downloads folder there, and extract it. There will usually be 3 files extracted: a folder named "package," Neia_Careers_Commons.package, and a .py file. Neia has stated that the Commons.package file does not always come in your zip file depending on what type of career you make.

PIC Inside zip file from Create-a-Career Tool

12a. Open s4pe and make a new file. Import all the files from the "package" folder. Save this file as your career package. ie Simmiller_Careers_AirlineEmployee.package

PIC 9

This next step is only for those who have re-exported their careers created prior to the 19JUN/18 update and whose text files have been lost as a result. If you have made a new career, please skip to step 13.

12b. There are several ways to input text into your career. The first 2 are long and tedious. The 3rd is the method I used and ended up being fairly quick and painless.
1-You can go back and re-enter all of the information into the Create-a-Career tool by either directly typing it all again, or by copy/paste from your old career files, and re-export again. Or,
2-You can use Sims4Studio and also either re-type or copy/paste the info. Or,
3-Open your old career .package file with S4PE, and export all the STBL files somewhere easily found. To do this select all the STBL files, then click Resource, Export > To file. I made a folder in each of my career folders called "STBL FILES FOR SEASONS," and saved the STBL files from the old .package files there. You don't have to do this, but it does help to make your files are neat and organized. Close the old .package file. Open your new .package file in S4PE that you created in step 12a. Select all the STBL files and delete them. Then, click Resource, Import > From file. At this point a popup appears for you to select what files you want to import from your PC. This is where it's handy to have a separate folder for your old text (STBL) files. Go to that location, select all the STBL files, and click Open. Save your .package file in S4PE and continue on to step 13.

Close s4pe.
13. Copy and paste the .py file you extracted directly in your C://Python33 (or wherever you have Python on your computer) location.

PIC 10

14. In the search bar on the Taskbar of your computer's desktop screen (right next to the start button, or found by clicking the start button) type: "cmd" and enter. Do not use quotation marks in this or any other type instructions that follow.
In the black box that comes up type: "C://Python33/Python.exe -O" (that's a capital O, not a zero, and there is a space between .exe and -O) and enter.
Still in the black box type: "import YourUserName_Careers_CareerName.py" (example import Simmiller_Careers_AirlineEmployee.py) and enter. This is the exact name of the .py file from step 13 that you put in C://Python33 (or wherever you have Python on your computer).

PIC 11

You can now close the black cmd box.

15. Go into your Python location on your computer (ie. C://Python33) where you put your .py file, and go into the folder _pycache_. There should now be a .pyo file in there. If not, go back and redo the actions in steps 13 and 14.

PIC 12

Copy and paste that file to your career location file on your computer. Rename it to remove .cpython-33

PIC 13

Make a new .zip file with the name you want your ts4script file to be. Put the .pyo and .py files into that .zip.
Change the file type from .zip to .ts4script

PIC 14

NOTE: If you don't see the .zip in the name of your file do this from The Windows Club:

Open Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization. Now, click on Folder Options or File Explorer Option, as it is now called > View tab. In this tab, under Advance Settings, you will see the option Hide extensions for known file types. Uncheck this option and click on Apply and OK.

TEST

16. Put your career.package file, the .ts4script file you made, and Neia.Careers.Commons (if you don't already have it, and if it comes with your exported Create-a-Career file) into your mods folder, and test it in play.

Once you know it's working and your icons and pictures show in game when choosing your career, if you want to share it online, make a new .zip file and call it whatever you want your career file to be. You put 2 or 3 files in there as required: Neia_Careers_Commons (if it came in your zip file from Neia's tool), Your career.package file, and the .ts4script file you made. You can now share it!

PIC 15

A very big thank you to Chaavik for testing the tutorial for me, and helping to get it up to scratch.
11 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 3:52 PM
Absolutely awesome work!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th May 2018 at 11:23 PM
Thank you SO much for creating this tutorial!!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th May 2018 at 11:07 PM
This is awesome, thanks!
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
29th May 2018 at 4:11 PM Last edited by mberry : 30th May 2018 at 9:15 AM.
This message has been deleted by mberry.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 7:52 PM
Does anyone know how to add daily tasks to careers?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 7:37 PM
My Python won't work ?? I downloaded the XZ from this site : https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-337/ : I put it in the C:// directory I unzipped it and attempted to install by clicking on it, but nothing happens. The computer doesn't know what to do with the program. So- thinking it had to be installed in CMD with the use of .exe in the instructions, I tried that, and it just says "inoperable command" D: I've been working on this custom career for over 3 months now. I have created custom uniforms and everything to go with it. It would really stink if I had to trash it, but at this point, I'm losing hope!

Please? Anyone ?
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 6:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephiebaby
My Python won't work ?? I downloaded the XZ from this site : https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-337/ : I put it in the C:// directory I unzipped it and attempted to install by clicking on it, but nothing happens. The computer doesn't know what to do with the program. So- thinking it had to be installed in CMD with the use of .exe in the instructions, I tried that, and it just says "inoperable command" D: I've been working on this custom career for over 3 months now. I have created custom uniforms and everything to go with it. It would really stink if I had to trash it, but at this point, I'm losing hope!

Please? Anyone ?

Hi @stephibaby ! I haven't been on this tutorial for a bit, so sorry! You seem to be downloading python from the wrong place. Click on the direct link I provided at the top of the tutorial, and follow the instructions there as well. You should have no problem then!

Please let me know how it goes for you, or if you've solved your issue in the meantime. Best of luck!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 12:12 PM
Thank you so much! I was very lost and needed to make an animal care career because the one here was FUBAR. I haven't modded since TS2 so this seemed daunting. It really wasn't with your tutorial!
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 6:53 PM
Hello, I apologize for my English, I'm French.
I created some career thanks to this tutorial, but I have a problem adding some fillers.
The name and description of the girl does not position it in the right place. They should find this on the first icon and not the last one.
would anyone have a solution? (I followed all the tutorial without skipping step and it is that with the sector that it poses a problem)

Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 5:59 PM Last edited by Simmiller : 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:02 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aya85
Hello, I apologize for my English, I'm French.
I created some career thanks to this tutorial, but I have a problem adding some fillers.
The name and description of the girl does not position it in the right place. They should find this on the first icon and not the last one.
would anyone have a solution? (I followed all the tutorial without skipping step and it is that with the sector that it poses a problem)

In any career text such as track names, level titles, or descriptions, using characters other than letters, for example numbers or symbols like "/" or "*", can sometimes cause problems, so remove those from your text. Also, go back into the career tool and double check that your images are all in the right place, just as a precaution. Remember to save every time you make changes. If you are still getting a glitch after you re-export the career, I recommend contacting Neia on her forum thread to see if she can help as there may be something more specific wrong.
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:00 PM
**Updated tutorial with step 12b for those whose text files were lost after re-exporting careers created before the 19JUN/18 Seasons update**
Test Subject
DELETED POST
25th Jun 2018 at 7:34 PM
This message has been deleted by disas-tea-rous.
Instructor
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 3:24 AM Last edited by harlequin_eyes : 4th Jul 2018 at 5:27 PM.
Hey Simmiller, I'm having a problem importing the file. I made it to step 14 and get the following message:
TypeError: source code string cannot contain null bytes

This is my first time ever using Python and I don't know squat about coding. I have gone through the process a dozen times now and I'm getting the same errors, I have re-exported from the career creator tool, saved the file Python with 3 different names, reinstalled everything...I am at a loss.

👎🏻🖕🏽👋🏿 EA's decision to charge consumers for the Pets Stuff Pack in the wake of the best-selling but content-lacking Cats & Dogs EP has led me to the decision that I will no longer be purchasing Sims content, or anything else made by EA. 👎🏻🖕🏽👋🏿
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 12:39 AM
This is a quick question that I've tried googling but I'm struggling with. Which text codes stand for which language? I understand that US is English, and JP is probably Japanese and KR Korean, but I'm wondering what each code means within this program as I'm getting mixed results from searching online. Thanks!
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannenenen
This is a quick question that I've tried googling but I'm struggling with. Which text codes stand for which language? I understand that US is English, and JP is probably Japanese and KR Korean, but I'm wondering what each code means within this program as I'm getting mixed results from searching online. Thanks!

@shannenenen
I'm 99.9% sure these are the codes and their languages:

US English
BR Portuguese (Brazilian)
CN Cantonese (Chinese)
CZ Czechoslovakian
DK Danish
ES Spanish
FI Finnish
FR French
DE German
IT Italian
JP Japanese
KR Korean
NL Dutch
NO Norwegian
PL Polish
RU Russian
SE Swedish
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequin_eyes
Hey Simmiller, I'm having a problem importing the file. I made it to step 14 and get the following message:
TypeError: source code string cannot contain null bytes

This is my first time ever using Python and I don't know squat about coding. I have gone through the process a dozen times now and I'm getting the same errors, I have re-exported from the career creator tool, saved the file Python with 3 different names, reinstalled everything...I am at a loss.

@harlequin_eyes
I'm afraid I don't have the answer for you. I don't know much about the technical side of things. I recommend you ask Neia either on here or on the tool forum.

Sorry I can't be of more help!
Instructor
#16 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 2:32 AM
Thanks anyway!

👎🏻🖕🏽👋🏿 EA's decision to charge consumers for the Pets Stuff Pack in the wake of the best-selling but content-lacking Cats & Dogs EP has led me to the decision that I will no longer be purchasing Sims content, or anything else made by EA. 👎🏻🖕🏽👋🏿
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 4:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmiller
@shannenenen
I'm 99.9% sure these are the codes and their languages:

US English
BR Portuguese (Brazilian)
CN Cantonese (Chinese)
CZ Czechoslovakian
DK Danish
ES Spanish
FI Finnish
FR French
DE German
IT Italian
JP Japanese
KR Korean
NL Dutch
NO Norwegian
PL Polish
RU Russian
SE Swedish

Thanks! I wanted to double check before I included translations under the wrong language
Test Subject
DELETED POST
5th Aug 2018 at 12:38 AM
This message has been deleted by animesawsome.
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 2:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequin_eyes
Thanks anyway!

I had this problem too!!!! The steps i did were
1.Import all files in package folder, and save as - into python33 folder,
then i took the .py file that was in the download zip from Neia and placed it into python, i cmd and copied/pasted the full name of the file with .py into cmd ( before i did the little c:python etc the person said to do and it worked )
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 4:07 AM
This was such a great tutorial until Python had hiccups. The second line in the .py file (I looked at it in IDLE) calls to "import services", but Python it doesn't seem to find it returning:

File "C:\Users\maris\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\Marish01_Careers_SillyTestCareerk.py", line 2, in <module>
import services
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'services'
>>>

I tried this in 3.3 and 3.7. I'll put on my thinking cap and try to imagine what that file would be, where it's at and why it's needed. My Python exposure is extremely limited, but there is bound to be some of my experience that will help out. But if there's a quick answer by all means share!
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 10:09 AM Last edited by wizard444 : 11th Aug 2018 at 11:07 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marish01
This was such a great tutorial until Python had hiccups. The second line in the .py file (I looked at it in IDLE) calls to "import services", but Python it doesn't seem to find it returning:

File "C:\Users\maris\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\Marish01_Careers_SillyTestCareerk.py", line 2, in <module>
import services
>>>

I tried this in 3.3 and 3.7. I'll put on my thinking cap and try to imagine what that file would be, where it's at and why it's needed. My Python exposure is extremely limited, but there is bound to be some of my experience that will help out. But if there's a quick answer by all means share!

I am not sure I am completely understanding but I think you have a path issue. When you first open command prompt (cmd) enter set path=C:\Users\maris\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37
Python 3.7.0 will not recognize the -O so just enter python to start the program and you're ready to proceed with your import command which in your case would be: import Marish01_Careers_SillyTestCareerk.py
This is going to generate an error message. Disregard it. Your new file will be in the _pycache_ folder and you're all set to go forward with the instructions as printed in the rest of the tutorial.

Side note to Simmiller: Excellent tutorial and I found it very helpful and easy to follow. Python 3.3 has some very serious security issues which may or may not pose a risk simply by having it installed. I opted for 3.7.0 and some trial and error but I've created and tested a career and everything looks good! I also reinstalled Python directly to C:\ to make that path a bit easier to navigate.
Test Subject
#21 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 7:17 PM Last edited by pugglerock : 12th Aug 2018 at 7:33 PM.
So I've followed everything in this guide and I ran into two problems.
One - I get File "C:\Users\pugglerock\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python33\Pugglerock_Careers_Professionalstreamer.py", line 2, in <module>
import services

Two - It won't show up in the actual game itself but will show up in the section about mods, so I'm not entirely sure where I'm going wrong.

EDIT - Nevermind I know where I was going wrong! I was importing the entire file and not just the package folder. All done now and works like a chamr Thank you for the guide!
Test Subject
DELETED POST
12th Aug 2018 at 7:30 PM
This message has been deleted by pugglerock. Reason: Edited about post