Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Cutest Little PlumBob MTS Baby/Toddler Photo Contest for Sims 2, 3, and 4 - posted on 2nd Oct 2018 at 5:07 AM
Replies: 48 (Who?), Viewed: 15131 times.
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
#26 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kara
Good afternoon everyone :p

Hey Bananensap! I'm running version v1.8.0.80 with The Sims 2 Double Deluxe and the University EP, nothing else. That's super strange it's working totally fine for you. You're on UC? Do you have certain settings turned down? It could also be my laptop, but without these shaders, there are no graphical buggies in my game.

I should also note I placed the materials file uploaded by Bananensap in my University EP, and in the EP and SP in Double Deluxe (including the BG). I also placed the shaders uploaded by @Dorsal_Axe in every folder as well.


Good evening for me! :D
I don't know if placing these shader files separately even works tho haha. Anyways the Materials file is only needed in the latest EP,SP or just basegame. The game reads only the newest one :p

But I haven't turned anything down tho. I'm running UC, latest version. I have no clue what it could be ^^

I defaulted for a bit since I'm experiencing this:
http://prntscr.com/iv0xbg

I have never noticed this, but even with a clean installation I have this weird shadow bug. Was it always like this? haha @kara
Test Subject
#27 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananensap
Good evening for me! :D
I don't know if placing these shader files separately even works tho haha. Anyways the Materials file is only needed in the latest EP,SP or just basegame. The game reads only the newest one :p

But I haven't turned anything down tho. I'm running UC, latest version. I have no clue what it could be ^^

I defaulted for a bit since I'm experiencing this:
http://prntscr.com/iv0xbg

I have never noticed this, but even with a clean installation I have this weird shadow bug. Was it always like this? haha @kara


I haven't experienced a shadow bug like that, but it seems sometimes the graphical bugs change a little bit every time I start up the game. I once had the black rectangle shadow bug under sims, and other times it wouldn't appear. Other times the plumbob would display like normal, and other times it would turn purple and get all buggy.

I may try downloading UC and testing the .matshad files and materials.package with it, maybe it will fix itself? but I don't know how it would fix it.

My shadows for sims are very strange. They're quite dark and the anti-aliasing doesn't affect them: http://prntscr.com/iv1gm1
Test Subject
#28 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kara
I haven't experienced a shadow bug like that, but it seems sometimes the graphical bugs change a little bit every time I start up the game. I once had the black rectangle shadow bug under sims, and other times it wouldn't appear. Other times the plumbob would display like normal, and other times it would turn purple and get all buggy.

I may try downloading UC and testing the .matshad files and materials.package with it, maybe it will fix itself? but I don't know how it would fix it.

My shadows for sims are very strange. They're quite dark and the anti-aliasing doesn't affect them: http://prntscr.com/iv1gm1


You could try that. Those are the shadows for inside, like with the radiance mod it's worse outside but even for me, the defaults aren't aligned properly.
I just went in to the lighting files and found out which values controlled what, this is the result;
http://prntscr.com/iv1y3a

Really satisfied! :D

I never experienced those bugs, you should try UC.
Test Subject
#29 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananensap
You could try that. Those are the shadows for inside, like with the radiance mod it's worse outside but even for me, the defaults aren't aligned properly.
I just went in to the lighting files and found out which values controlled what, this is the result;
http://prntscr.com/iv1y3a

Really satisfied! :D

I never experienced those bugs, you should try UC.


I love how it looks! Guys is there something I could do to remove these ugly red bodies? 😉
Test Subject
#30 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 5:45 AM Last edited by kara : 23rd Mar 2018 at 7:21 AM.
Hey guys,

I downloaded UC and fiddled with the radiance mod files and folders, and also put in the matshad files and materials file from here, but the results were quite unfortunate and disheartening. I'm not sure what happened, but my game is in perpetual darkness.

It seems, however, when it is sunset, the game manages to change the lighting back to gunmod's 2.4 lighting system. Daylight is pure black. Lots of pulsing red as well.
I suppose the good news is, particles were displaying correctly, and the sky was the regular colour, but daylight acted as though it was night, pure black, and only lit where lights are. Weirdest thing I have ever seen. Bad news is it's worse than the DD&Uni test I had done earlier.



*Update: I will try downloading AMD Radeon drivers to my laptop and seeing if it does anything. It's always possible it could be my laptop, but I have to rule things out. Still super jealous your game is running 100%-ish with the shaders, @Bananensap

*Update 2: Seem to be having some trouble starting my original game. Thinking it may have something to do with having UC installed, or maybe something to do with the AMD settings. Will keep posted on the original game combo I first posted because it was working better than the UC test. A bit bummed about it, that effects were working, but not much else.
Test Subject
#31 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 10:01 AM Last edited by Bananensap : 23rd Mar 2018 at 10:16 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kara
Hey guys,

I downloaded UC and fiddled with the radiance mod files and folders, and also put in the matshad files and materials file from here, but the results were quite unfortunate and disheartening. I'm not sure what happened, but my game is in perpetual darkness.

It seems, however, when it is sunset, the game manages to change the lighting back to gunmod's 2.4 lighting system. Daylight is pure black. Lots of pulsing red as well.
I suppose the good news is, particles were displaying correctly, and the sky was the regular colour, but daylight acted as though it was night, pure black, and only lit where lights are. Weirdest thing I have ever seen. Bad news is it's worse than the DD&Uni test I had done earlier.



*Update: I will try downloading AMD Radeon drivers to my laptop and seeing if it does anything. It's always possible it could be my laptop, but I have to rule things out. Still super jealous your game is running 100%-ish with the shaders, @Bananensap

*Update 2: Seem to be having some trouble starting my original game. Thinking it may have something to do with having UC installed, or maybe something to do with the AMD settings. Will keep posted on the original game combo I first posted because it was working better than the UC test. A bit bummed about it, that effects were working, but not much else.


I had trouble with 2 different Sims installations as well, I had to delete -all- the files manually.

Also, when running UC, place -only- the materials.package in SP9! @kara
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 8:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananensap
Place this in your EA Games\The Sims 2\Base\TSData\Res\Materials folder, make a backup of the original one.
https://ufile.io/nyl24
Do you mind uploading it again somewhere else? Maybe at Simfileshare? The current link says it's only available to premium subscribers.

"The free hosting period for this file has now expired, only premium users can download it."
Test Subject
#33 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 1:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omglo
Do you mind uploading it again somewhere else? Maybe at Simfileshare? The current link says it's only available to premium subscribers.

"The free hosting period for this file has now expired, only premium users can download it."


I applied for Simfileshare, but I don't think I got a reply yet...

I'll upload it again tomorrow
Field Researcher
#34 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 9:38 PM
Looking at the screenshots of the beta version, I did not understand why there is better coverage than in the release version. Now, seeing your experiments, I realized why many people think so. It is more "warm" in color. More contrast. In combination with the Radiance mode can give quite an interesting effect. Especially at night.
Test Subject
#35 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 11:01 PM
As promised! Better late than never haha.

http://sims-2-beta.000webhostapp.com/
Test Subject
#36 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza
Looking at the screenshots of the beta version, I did not understand why there is better coverage than in the release version. Now, seeing your experiments, I realized why many people think so. It is more "warm" in color. More contrast. In combination with the Radiance mode can give quite an interesting effect. Especially at night.


Radiance makes night more darker, which make the game already more 'cozy' in my opinion, also it gives the lights a more realistic look by reducing the range.
With my own adjustments you indeed get the more 'warmer' color.

After all it's just preference I think. Some people like the more 'white' lights while others prefer the more 'warmer' lights.

I do like white lights, for outside for example and in some cases I like it in some bedrooms etc. But in my living room and kitchen I like it more warm.
So you really only have to adjust a couple of light objects, that way you can still get the more warmer look overall but balance it out with some whiter lights

So... as for the research. I just build a retro game PC, which contains hardware from the ~03/04 era with Windows XP on it.
As expected, shadows work properly. Also noticed that the shadow bug outside was non existent (the feet were actually visible on the shadows).

Also, the shininess I was talking about earlier was also waaaay more present at night while running UC on my normal PC it's not by default....
So it could be a more complicated story where a lot of stuff just requires old graphics cards or that the shaders we got from UC are buggy af haha.

Got to find that out.

EDIT:
Don't know if this is the right place, but certainly the right thread.
If someone wants to contact me directly about this stuff or want to chat about TS2 beta stuff, I created a Discord channel.

Here is the invite:
https://discord.gg/UzYHX5B

See you there?
Test Subject
#37 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 11:13 PM
@Bananensap Is there some way to remove these red bodies and enable normal clothes view? It's really horrible in game. :/
Test Subject
#38 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSims1Master
@Bananensap Is there some way to remove these red bodies and enable normal clothes view? It's really horrible in game. :/


I will try tomorrow
Test Subject
#39 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 10:47 PM
http://prntscr.com/iwrm99
Progress..

Really complicated!
Test Subject
#40 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 1:38 AM
Hey guys :-) so unfortunately ... a tragic loss a few days ago hence my disappearance ...

My laptop crapped out and won't be able to test things out on it. I'm going to have to get a new computer altogether, but hopefully that will be soon. I suppose I'll be cheering you guys on and keeping myself updated with your progression!
Test Subject
#41 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 2:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kara
Hey guys :-) so unfortunately ... a tragic loss a few days ago hence my disappearance ...

My laptop crapped out and won't be able to test things out on it. I'm going to have to get a new computer altogether, but hopefully that will be soon. I suppose I'll be cheering you guys on and keeping myself updated with your progression!


Ah, man! That's unfortunate! I'm having a lot of progress! And so are other people.

I'm purely focused on lighting, reflections etc, but other people are having progress with hairstyles, beta lots ...

Those can be seen from my Discord server, we're having progress with specific channels, fun beta emoji's and a lot more

It's a lot of fun with people that are passionate about the TS2 beta.

The link is: https://discord.gg/UzYHX5B
Mad Poster
#42 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSims1Master
Is there some way to remove these red bodies and enable normal clothes view? It's really horrible in game. :/


Red-flashing usually means there's a problem with shaders, so either the shaders need more work, or you have to remove them from your game to make the floating red people stop appearing. If the shaders work for other people but not for you, it may also be that your graphics card can't properly handle shaders.
Test Subject
#43 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 7:17 PM
Thank you @Dorsal Axe !

I was trying to find ways to enable floor reflections in last 2 days. But it seems impossible, "ScreenReflection" source has some failure on lot view. Same beta code works without a problem on neighborhood, but doesn't work on lots. (Actually it draws reflection but on out of camera.)
Probably EA has ditched it for this reason, they have developed a new feature and then this feature got broken.

Only way to enable it is using pixel shaders(mirror uses it), which is already done.

There is also cursor-following grids, which is shame that nobody(at least I didn't see anyone) has found it until now, because it was there in all EPs since beginning but it was disabled :D
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 13th May 2018 at 4:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananensap
https://prnt.sc/itznat

Got the shininess in my UC game with everything working! Phew! Lot's of trial and error with this one, kept me busy for a couple of days with my focus completely on this alone haha. Spent so many hours researching.
Eventually result tho! Happy

Edit: got the wall/floor lighting in as well (Floor reflection is from a external mod, still figuring out how to make the Maxis one work).


It looks cool I love it but does it has a reflection on EVERY floor?
Forum Resident
#45 Old 13th May 2018 at 6:40 PM
The file hosting site told me to pay 5 dollars in order to download the files. It's premium access only.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 16th May 2018 at 1:06 AM
Can you upload the materials.package on another website? It asks for you to pay $5...
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 5:37 AM
Can't you use Google Drive or MediaFire to upload it
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 7:43 AM
Whoah those shaders and reflections are cool. Keep on working guys, this is awesome.

Hello? Nice to meet you. I'm a rather small Sims 2 modder that well, mods (And seems to post a lot on the forums with seemingly with a lot of posts. Or maybe just around 60 but who cares idk how to count well actually I do but that's a story for myself.)

Check out my creations Here!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 5:31 PM
THANK YOU FOR FINDING THESE OMG <3 <3 Keep up the good work!!
Page 2 of 2
Back to top