Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
2 people viewing

Booney

There are also 1 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 11218 (Who?), Viewed: 242833 times.
Page 449 of 449
Forum Resident
#11201 Old Yesterday at 6:39 PM
The few times I brought my Sim's animals to a community lot, the visiting Sims always seem eager to interact with them. If there's a stereo turned on I'll command the pet to sing along with the music, and I nearly die laughing at the Sims' reactions to it.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
#11202 Old Yesterday at 9:10 PM
Has anyone successfully (using mods, I would presume) moved a home business to an owned business lot?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#11203 Old Yesterday at 10:01 PM
I'm guessing I should just stop worrying so much and play. The lack of hood pictures/stories is probably fine, in terms of playing seeing as I don't use the stories anyway.

And the Subject does not exist stuff I probably have to play and they'll go away in time.

I'm just always hyper-worried about corruption and since this is my first megahood worried I did something wrong, even though it seems easy enough thanks to Tarlia.
Top Secret Researcher
#11204 Old Yesterday at 10:09 PM
not sure if mods could enable business moving; I take not possible in shipped version.
a method somewhat close to moving could be to set up like a copy of the business on the other lot and hire same employees there and assign same respective tasks; afterward close the older business.
Now what dammit?
staff: moderator
#11205 Old Yesterday at 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtyger9
The towniebrick is the recommended way to create Vacation Locals.

I donít have the URL handy, but I know it from MATY by Argon, Name is towniebrick.

OK I tracked down the page that has it, look for sorryitslate.7z, scroll down on this page . You should be able to find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Thank you. Are you saying the brick is safer or that the teleporter cat cant make vacation townies/locals? I've never tried to make any, but I have thought about killing off a bunch of the pre mades and replacing them as I made the mistake of leaving that template in.

The townie brick is designed to make sure vacation locals have their proper behaviours - the chest pounding and tai chi and so on. Other utilities for creating townies (of the various types) don't do this for vacation locals. There's no problem with them made with Inge's cat (for example) but they won't do their thing. I originally made my vacation locals with the cat and then Argon came out with his fixed version so I dragged them all back to my townie-making lot and redid them. They work fine now.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Needs Coffee
#11206 Old Yesterday at 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Has anyone successfully (using mods, I would presume) moved a home business to an owned business lot?

I am guessing you mean home business to community lot business? Since both are owned. No, you have to buy a community lot and start from scratch. At least you take any badges your sim earned.

maxon, thanks for the info.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#11207 Old Today at 2:33 AM
I'm playing the Beginnings of Pleasantview, and I'm getting tired of the game giving all the born in game girls the same hairstyle (the hairstyle Angela and Lilith Pleasant have when the out of the box Pleasantview is first played.) Is there a way to determine what hairstyle Frida Goth, Agnes Crumplebottom and Cornelia Crumplebottom would have?
Mad Poster
#11208 Old Today at 2:43 AM
Change appearance on the toddler and they should grow up into a different hairstyle. Possibly the one you chose, depending on how many age stages it has.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#11209 Old Today at 4:41 AM
Have barely been here 24 hours and I've already run into a problem.

I didn't have this last time I played TS2... But I've started a home business, and the customers will grab something, then walk out without paying! Multiple times! One has yet to pay! I'm surrounded by thieves! I had no idea Malcolm Landgraab was so desperate for an outdoor grill.

I was assuming maybe it was the cash register that was the problem, so I tried the automatic from Simology, but that was no use either. They just kept on walking without any forethought of actually paying for the product.

Before I go hunting through my mods, I was wondering if anyone has encountered a similar problem.

Edit: Figured I should mention - it happened like four or five times in a row before I decided to exit out of the legacy lot. She had thus far gotten no payments. I heard something about shop lifters in OFB, so I went into a premade lot in the town to test it, and sure enough, they don't pay there either! So it's not just the one lot.

When one of your forum help questions don't get replied to...
http://data.whicdn.com/images/49363570/large.gif
Scholar
#11210 Old Today at 5:10 AM
That was strange...I'm in the pleasant household and was trying to type in a spreadsheet (I have the game in windowed mode) and accidentally took a screenshot with the c button in the game. Something came up from my computer saying it was trying to change screenshot.bmp I think and wanted to know if i'd allow it....I hit yes due to freaking out and accidentally hitting no on something else (not sims related) before and screwing up a program because the thing I said no I didn't know I needed. So I hit sure...it's just something to do with a screenshot...i'm assuming whatever happens to screenshots shouldn't really be of no consequence to me because I use FRAPS to take the pictures I actually want anyway right?
#11211 Old Today at 5:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpal425
Have barely been here 24 hours and I've already run into a problem.

I didn't have this last time I played TS2... But I've started a home business, and the customers will grab something, then walk out without paying! Multiple times! One has yet to pay! I'm surrounded by thieves! I had no idea Malcolm Landgraab was so desperate for an outdoor grill.

I was assuming maybe it was the cash register that was the problem, so I tried the automatic from Simology, but that was no use either. They just kept on walking without any forethought of actually paying for the product.

Before I go hunting through my mods, I was wondering if anyone has encountered a similar problem.

Edit: Figured I should mention - it happened like four or five times in a row before I decided to exit out of the legacy lot. She had thus far gotten no payments. I heard something about shop lifters in OFB, so I went into a premade lot in the town to test it, and sure enough, they don't pay there either! So it's not just the one lot.

AFAIK it's not actually shoplifting - the customers' motives get too low so they automatically leave the lot. They usually come back after a while and pay. But in your case, because they're all somehow getting pushed off the lot prematurely, it sounds like borked mods. While you're sorting that out, I suggest getting SimWardrobe's frozen customer fix (check my signature - it's under Fixes) because the cash register animation sometimes gets stuck otherwise.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#11212 Old Today at 6:07 AM
Yes, providing means to fill needs and having a good environment score will keep customers on the lot longer.

I've also seen sims who would otherwise just be walk-bys pick up merchandise after having been greeted leave without paying. I no longer greet sims at open home businesses unless they've actually entered the building or are outside with the customer sales bar over their heads. That stopped most of the shoplifting at home businesses for me.
Needs Coffee
#11213 Old Today at 6:18 AM
I have never seen that many up and leave. They do occasionally leave without paying but they should turn back up again bag in hand, so not so much shoplifting as taking a while to pay. Reminds me of solicitors, quick to charge and slow to pay.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11214 Old Today at 6:42 AM
In my experience, sims who have taken merchandise without paying (usually because the playable visiting the lot leaves) will line up at the cash register to pay for it first thing next time they're on the lot.

When building a hotel, what is necessary apart from the Solidity doors and a concierge desk? I made an Infirmary for the Burning Robot festival, where sims who are suffering heat stroke etc. from sleeping in the campgrounds can check in to sleep more comfortably, and built the rooms on the same principle as little aparments. "Changelotzoning lodging" doesn't cause it to register as a hotel, however, and visiting playables are not greeted by a concierge, bellhop, or maid. The playtesting sim got the option to "check in" at the concierge desk, though being already checked in at a camp ground he couldn't actually do so.

I can't think of anything that I always see in hotels apart from the desk and the doors. Is there an existing thread on the subject of making hotels (apart from gazania's adventures with freezing housekeepers)? I'll get and post a screenshot of the floorplan tomorrow if I need to, but I'm hoping I've overlooked something obvious that people will know off the top of their heads.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
#11215 Old Today at 7:58 AM
That's odd. Do you have any mods that prevent townies/NPCs from spawning? That would be my first guess.

Instructor
#11216 Old Today at 8:23 AM
Try the cheat "changelotzoning hotel'' instead of lodging. The lot type is lodging, but they made the cheat non-intuitive.
Needs Coffee
#11217 Old Today at 8:44 AM
My game is 'Changelotzoning hotel' One way seems to work for some people and the other way for others.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11218 Old Today at 4:22 PM
When I changed the campsites, I tried "hotel" first and it didn't work. I tried "lodging" and it did. So it didn't occur to me to try "hotel" again. It would be just like the weird way tech works around me for the types of lodging to need different code! I'll give it a shot when I open the game later today.

Scholar
#11219 Old Today at 8:52 PM
I'm planning on doing a week in 2 rotations with my megahood, from Monday morning-Thursday morning and next rotation Thursday morning-Monday morning. And a Uni rotation will take place during one rotation. I was thinking in order to keep the days of the week straight when Sims have their University time during the Monday-Thursday rotation they'd have to move back in with their previous family or some family, so as to not get out of sync. However I have the Sim Manipulator and I know it can change day of week and time but i've never used that option...googling it I see when it turns to midnight that day it should not go back to the day it was supposed to be, which is good. Has anyone used the Sim Manipulator to change the day of the week? Does it work like it's supposed to and won't cause problems?
Page 449 of 449