Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for March - posted on 1st Apr 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 13440 (Who?), Viewed: 294667 times.
Page 538 of 538
Forum Resident
#13426 Old Yesterday at 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
Move a sim of yours, in the unit that is now occupied by the Townie you wish to see gone. The one you like will remain in his/hers. (remain as in..will go back to live in it.)

Yes, it worked! As soon as my sim had singed the paper the two nice sims moved back in to their apartments. Thanks a lot.
Mad Poster
#13427 Old Yesterday at 11:49 PM
Of course it works! ahah! You are welcome
ETA : After this, you might want to use the batbox with the sim of yours you just moved in, and have him/her choose the fix bad apartment residencies...
The mean Townie you just evicted probably still has a key.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS ;)
Mad Poster
#13428 Old Today at 2:40 AM
Be careful with that option if you use roomies. It severely screwed up all of the ones in my game, and it took some serious hassling to get them back to their apartments. I know some have no problems with roomies getting messed up when using it, but if you do have roomies it might be wise to backup before using it in case you are unlucky, like I was.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Mad Poster
#13429 Old Today at 2:56 AM
What kind of mess up Gummi? I am curious, maybe I got that too...I'd say no, unless I just never noticed, but to be sure.
So far, I've been using that option of the batbox mainly for this very reason. (is there any other reasons?) Removing a dorm/apt key token from an evicted(by force..) Dormie or Townie. But also, for my own playable. As if I move a sim out of an apt, and to a house, or if a YA graduate and move back to the main 'Hood, well that sim might still hold on to the old key token.
Hood Checker will let me know, as well. I cannot say I've experience bugs from this usage.

Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#13430 Old Today at 3:26 AM
So long as sims are not on a lot you can change zoning.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13431 Old Today at 3:47 AM
Quote:
What kind of mess up Gummi? I am curious, maybe I got that too...

They vanished from their households, and went back to the townie pool. Couldn't be asked to be roommates again, couldn't be asked to move in. Just sort of existed in a void. Took forever to solve because the usual things (move in with simblender) didn't work, still couldn't ask them to be roomies. I did eventually get them back to their households, but I don't remember how and one kept re-vanishing after I got him back. Probably some kind of flag that got messed up, perhaps some kind of no key to the apartment but registered as living there so not there on the lot but not able to move anywhere else either.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#13432 Old Today at 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
They vanished from their households, and went back to the townie pool. Couldn't be asked to be roommates again, couldn't be asked to move in.

Hmm, sounds like you need Gummi's Mod Object!
Test Subject
DELETED POST
Today at 4:02 PM
This message has been deleted by sugoisama.
Inventor
#13433 Old Today at 5:07 PM
How exactly is the Summon Aliens thing supposed to work? Does it not work every time?

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#13434 Old Today at 5:10 PM
Exactly. It does not work every time.

Forum Resident
#13435 Old Today at 5:16 PM
Quote:
Of course it works! ahah! You are welcome
ETA : After this, you might want to use the batbox with the sim of yours you just moved in, and have him/her choose the fix bad apartment residencies...
The mean Townie you just evicted probably still has a key.

Batbox? (Googles...) OK, the Lot Debugger. Oh I don't have it. I had sims move in or out of houses and dorms whitout problems so why do I need it now?
(I'm no computer tec so I do not want stuff around that I can break my game whit. If a mod is not absolutly neccesery I leave it).
Mad Poster
#13436 Old Today at 5:21 PM
Well, I can assure you that this mod is among the Essential mods, according to the Sticky and to most members here. Not sure I agree myself, but myself is not the majority, so I'll leave you to ponder...
I do not usually have problems either from moving sims from here to there. But sometimes, the game might get stuck, and forgets to delete a token or else. Then the batbox comes in handy. Or, deleting tokens in SimPE also works.

Top Secret Researcher
#13437 Old Today at 7:03 PM
The batbox comes in handy on many levels. Just recently I'd saved a lot just before sim was to give birth, however it was just a hair to close. After reloadin the lot (wrong gender.. playin Beginnin Pleasantivew) sim started to give birth again, only this time the game jumped. I could see the baby was listed with the rest of the sims, but it wasn't anywhere I could see on the lot, nor was I given the name baby dialog.

I was able to exit w/o savin and reload again, only this time before lettin the birth proceed I used the batbox to force an error and that sorta reset things... baby was born (right gender this time ) and the name baby popped up.

I've used the batbox many times in the past... this is just a recent use so was still fresh in mind.

It might not be the prettiest of objects, but to me it's very useful and handy to have. It is a must have mod imo.
Alchemist
#13438 Old Today at 7:51 PM
Assuming I have a mid-to-high-range desktop by today's standards (i7 processor, 16GB RAM, 8GB GPU, etc), how big a display should I be looking for for ideal TS2-playing? (monitors are confusing... -_-)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#13439 Old Today at 7:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Assuming I have a mid-to-high-range desktop by today's standards (i7 processor, 16GB RAM, 8GB GPU, etc), how big a display should I be looking for for ideal TS2-playing? (monitors are confusing... -_-)

However big you want it, I sometimes play on my 55" TV when the mood kicks in.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Top Secret Researcher
#13440 Old Today at 8:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra

I have my computer hooked up to my 32in TV.....

@Marka93 .. I'm jealous ... now I want a big one like like you ... :D
Lab Assistant
#13441 Old Today at 8:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marka93
However big you want it, I sometimes play on my 55" TV when the mood kicks in.

55" TV? TS2? And how does it look? What is the screen resolution in the game? Just curious.
Page 538 of 538