Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Creator Theme: Space! - posted on 8th Jul 2018 at 6:02 PM
Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 528 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 5:10 AM
Default Tom Cruise as Lestat from Interview with the Vampire
I'm currently creating Lestat from Interview with the Vampire, basing it on Tom Cruise's version of the character. I would love to get some feedback on how I can improve him.

And here he is with his hair pulled back, so the sculpt is easier to see.

I've found it quite hard to find good reference pictures of Lestat that are well lit, at good angle etc. which is why I've gone back and forth between the ones I did find and pictures of Tom Cruise (as himself).

(I made his skin a little darker and changed the lipstick in the above pictures to better match the reference photos.)

Please let me know what changes I should make.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 10:47 PM
You have a good start there. Do you use custom sliders? If so, I'd recommend some of the ones that OneEuroMutt created. There are several that would be helpful to give your sim a crooked nose, etc.

I would raise the face up (the whole thing, but the eyes and nose particularly). Reduce the scale of the eyes. Narrow the nose. Reduce the definition on the nostrils a tiny bit. Reduce the fullness of the cheeks and increase the jowls a little and maybe give him some smile lines. Widen the jaw a tiny bit. I know that sounds like a lot, but really you do have a good base. These are all just 'refinements'.

Personally... I would make him an adult instead of YA, but then that is probably personal bias. idk

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Scholar
#3 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 8:17 AM
He is looking really good. I agree that the nose is a bit too wide, especially the bridge. Also, I would turn the outer edges of the eyes down a bit to look a bit more like Tom. And darken the hair some to match closer. Well done! This is much better than I could ever do.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 9:44 PM
The issue isn't that you're far off the mark with his facial features, because you seem to match them pretty closely, but the issue is that the Sim doesn't look like Tom Cruise at all, really. I would never be able to tell that it's supposed to be Tom Cruise. You gave him a very soft, boyish skin texture and that makes him look very friendly. Tom Cruise has a fairly stern, masculine face that's fairly well suited to caricature. I think he'll look more recognizeable if you emphasize the ears less, and draw more attention to his eyebrows and jawline.

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)